The Junior League of Winston-Salem, Inc. (JLWS) is seeking opportunities to place our trained volunteers with selected community partners in support of our current focus areas: educating and mentoring youth from birth to age 18 and Women’s Health, specifically related to nutrition and wellness. Placements will run from June 2017 through May 2019. On average, a JLWS volunteer contributes 40 hours a year to her placement.
The following timeline is used in the Community Partner application process for placements that will run from June 2017 - May 2019:
• July 2016: Community Partner Application will be available online, by calling JLWS Headquarters at 336-722-9681, or by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• September 2016: Completed applications are due to JLWS Headquarters by September 15, 2016.
• October 2016: Applications are formally reviewed through an extensive process that includes a thorough review of the agency and the program for which volunteers are requested.
• November 2016 Recommendations for Community partners are submitted to the JLWS Board of Directors for final approval.
• December 2016: Agencies are notified of final outcome of selection process.
• April 2017: Volunteer assignments for the upcoming JLWS year are made based on member preference. The project must receive adequate volunteer interest in order to proceed.
The 2017-2019 Community Partner Application is now available. Pleaase click here.