Junior League of Winston-Salem BookWORM
The Junior League of Winston-Salem (JLWS) aims to help families gain greater access to books through BookWORM, a drive to collect new and gently used children's books from its members and the greater community.
Sixty-one percent of low-income families do not have books in their homes. Research shows that the most successful way to improve reading achievement is to increase access to printed materials. The North Carolina Read to Achieve program, which became effective at the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year, set a goal to ensure every student read at or above grade level by the end of the third grade. The JLWS believes that as an organization, helping our community achieve this goal is absolutely critical.
BookWORM has collected and distributed over 10,000 children's books in the Forsyth County community in its first two years.
We DO NOT need: Adult books, Religious books, Encyclopedias, Cook books, Self-help books, Romance novels, Textbooks, Used Coloring books.
Click HERE for a Donation Form
If you do not have books to donate but would still like to support our efforts, you may contribute directly to our community partners via their BookMarks Wish Lists. Your order will go directly to the partner of your choosing.
- Before you can complete a purchase on the Bookmarks site, you must create a free account. This is a one-time process; you can use the same account for future purchases and personal wish lists. It will save you time during the checkout process if you create your free account before you start shopping.
- To create an account, click on My Account from the blue menu at the top of the page. Click on the Create New Account tab under User Account, create a username and enter your email address. You will receive an automated email from Bookmarks with instructions on creating your password.
- To shop from wish lists, start here: http://www.bookmarksnc.
org/wish-lists. Scroll down to the Junior League BookWORM section and click on the name of a Community Partner to view their wish list. Buy items from the wish lists by clicking on Add to cart next to the items you want to purchase. Please note: at this point you should be able to add titles to your cart without being logged in, but if you receive an error or do not see the Add to cart button, please try logging into My Account with the free account you created.
- When you finish shopping and are ready to check out, click on the Checkout button under the list of items in your shopping cart (main part of page) or from the Shopping Cart on the right side of the page. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to log in now. Review the list of items then click through each of the checkout boxes to review your customer options and enter payment information.
- Make sure to choose In-Store Pickup and please include the name of the Community Partner you are shopping for in your order comments, and your order will go directly to the partner of your choosing. You do not need to pickup or ship your items - Bookmarks will handle this.
If you have any questions about using the Bookmarks website, please contact Bookmarks at email@example.com
To learn more about our Community Partners, please click here.
Interested in becoming a BookWORM partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
BookWORM 2016-2017 Sponsor