The Junior League of Winston-Salem welcomes a variety of Charitable Giving Methods
Through charitable estate planning, you and your family can support the Junior League of Winston-Salem (JLWS) while receiving financial and philanthropic benefits. This site provides information that will allow you to further the work of the JLWS in a way that is consistent with your own financial goals.
Make a meaningful donation
Each year, donors support the JLWS with contributions of cash and other assets. In recognition of a donation, you may realize tax benefits while enjoying the personal satisfaction of helping the JLWS.
Transfer wealth to your heirs with tax savings
Through an estate plan, it is possible for you to make a future transfer of assets to your heirs at a substantially reduced gift and estate tax cost, while continuing to support the JLWS during your lifetime.
Use bequests to achieve philanthropic goals
Many donors have provided for the JLWS through bequests and other planned gifts.
CHARITABLE ESTATE PLANNING OPTIONS
An Outright Contribution could be:
- Cash: Cash gifts are fully deductible up to 50% of the donor’s adjusted gross income in any one year.
A Planned Contribution could be:
- Will or Codicil Bequest:A bequest in your will can be used to leave an outright gift to the JLWS or to establish a planned contribution.
- Life Insurance:The JLWS can be named as beneficiary to an existing policy or a new policy can be established.
- Retirement Assets: The combination of federal income, estate and excise taxes can seriously erode the value of retirement savings. Naming the JLWS as a beneficiary of these assets can save your estate and heirs both income tax and federal estate taxes.
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
- Direct Gifts Made in Your Memory to the JLWS:You can download a Memorial Directive Form here to provide to your loved ones to include at your funeral or memorial service.
- Direct your United Way Donation to the JLWS: Does your employer have a United Way giving campaign? Many employers offer withholding donations to the United Way from your paycheck, and you can specify the JLWS as your intended United Way donation recipient!
- Contribute from your IRA (minimum required distribution)
- Contribute from your donor-advised fund.
- New – For the social media savvy, we accept donations via our Facebook page!