The Junior League of Winston-Salem, Inc. (JLWS) is seeking opportunities to place our trained volunteers with selected community partners in support of our current focus areas:
● Nurturing and educating community members to build healthier families and stronger communities
● Women’s Health Issues
● Early childhood development
● Mentoring adolescents
Placements will run from June 2023 through May 2025. On average, a JLWS volunteer contributes 40 hours a year to her placement.
The following timeline is used in the Community Partner application process for placements that will run from June 2023 — May 2025
• December 2022: Completed proposals are due to Michelle Krell, JLWS Community Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, December 1st, 2022.
• January 2023: Applications are formally evaluated through an extensive process that includes a thorough review of the agency and the program for which volunteers are requested.
• February-March 2023: Recommendations for Community Partners are submitted to the JLWS Board of Directors for final approval.
• April 2023: Agencies are notified of the final outcome of the selection process.
• June 2023: Volunteer assignments for the upcoming JLWS year are made based on member preference. The project must receive adequate volunteer interest in order to proceed.
Application For Community Partnership 2023-2025