The Junior League of Winston-Salem, Inc. (JLWS) is seeking opportunities to place our trained volunteers with selected community partners in support of our current focus areas: educating and mentoring youth from birth to age 18 and women’s health, specifically related to nutrition and wellness. Placements will run from June 2021 through June 2023. On average, a JLWS volunteer contributes 40 hours a year to her placement.
The following timeline is used in the Community Partner application process for placements that will run from July 2021 — June 2022, and July 2022 — June 2023:
• January 2021: Completed applications are due to JLWS Assistant Community Vice President (email@example.com) by January 22, 2021.
• February 2021: Applications are formally reviewed through an extensive process that includes a thorough review of the agency and the program for which volunteers are requested.
• March 2021: Recommendations for Community Partners are submitted to the JLWS Board of Directors for final approval.
• April 2021: Agencies are notified of final outcome of selection process.
• June 2021: Volunteer assignments for the upcoming JLWS year are made based on member preference. The project must receive adequate volunteer interest in order to proceed.